PROCTER DANCE ACADEMY POLICIES
The following are based upon guidelines set out by the Council for Dance Education and are endorsed by dance teaching societies.
They represent standards of Good Practice in fostering good relations between the teachers, parents and students of the Procter Dance Academy.
THE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF PROCTER DANCE ACADEMY ARE TO:
- aim for every pupil to achieve their full potential in each dance genre.
- promote the study of various dance disciplines as a leisure and /or vocational activity.
- increase self-confidence through learning, memorising and performing sequences of movements, studies and dances.
- promote awareness and understanding of working with others.
- encourage self-confidence, through the experience of dancing in small groups, with partners or solo.
- develop a general appreciation of music through dancing to various rhythms and styles of music.
- assess pupils through term examinations, with both the Royal Academy of Dancing and the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing, once the required level has been achieved.
- encourage pupils to progress and develop through regular performances, both in-house and in the theatre.
THE PRINCIPAL AND THE TEACHERS OF THE PROCTER DANCE ACADEMY WILL:
- strive to communicate to pupils a love of dance and, encourage in them the art of dance.
- demonstrate and develop professional attitudes towards punctuality and reliability; taking responsible care of students before and during classes, and after classes in the changing room once each lesson is over.
- strive to develop self-discipline and self-motivation in our students.
- instil into our students the general concepts of movement.
- develop an holistic approach to dance, by stressing the importance of it in the development of the whole person. irrespective of the students’ ethnic origins, religious beliefs, personal attributes or any other factor.
THE TEACHING STAFF WILL:
- be qualified in and, technically experienced to, the appropriate levels demanded by each course on offer.
- HAVE FULL DBS CHECKS IN PLACE.
- The Principal will ensure that all student teachers employed by the Academy will be trained and supervised by the Principal to ensure that high standards of teaching are maintained at all times.