How Procter Dance Academy Handles your Data
GDPR imposes additional regulations on organisations and gives you extra rights around how your data is used.
PDA respects the information we hold on our students and families and we take the security of your information very seriously
PDA are committed to comply with the GDPR Act 2018, once enacted
- PDA/ Lorna Cook will be know as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. By data controller, this means PDA/Lorna Cook determined the purpose and way in which any personal data are or will be processed.
- Reception and teaching staff will be ‘Data Processors’ and will collect data.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
When you enroll into PDA you are entering into a contract with us. You will need to fill an online enrolment form which provides us with personal information such as your:
- child’s full name
- parents name
- date of birth
- emergency contact telephone numbers
- Postal address
- Email address
- Academic school attendance
When you enter into Chesterfield High School there is CCTV for security monitoring purposes.
HOW WE USE PUPILS INFORMATION
Data Protection states we are only allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so.
Below is a list of ways in which we may use your child’s personal information.
- For contact in case of emergency
- Notifying you about any enhancements to our services/classes
- Contact you regarding your child’s classes/exams/rehearsals/shows
WHEN WE MAY SHARE PUPILS INFORMATION
PDA is a registered approved examination centre with the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) and the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance (ISTD). In order for children to take part in both RAD & ISTD dance examinations they are required to obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Before your child takes their first dance examination at Pre Primary in Dance and Primary level your child’s name and date of birth will be submitted to the RAD & ISTD data processors to allow your child to be registered and a PIN will be allocated. The PIN is then used as their ID for all their dance examinations.
When taking part in performances we will/may need to apply to local education council authorities to obtain a Body of Persons License. In order to obtain this we will need to submit your child’s name and date of birth AND address.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
The length of time we will keep your information is the length of time your child spends at PDA – once this period has ended it shall be deleted and destroyed safely and securely.
You are entitled to request the following from PDA:
- Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it.
- Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Right to erasure (also known as Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing- to restrict processing of your personal information.
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information.
Procter Dance Academy would like to communicate with you, but in order to do so we require your consent. By completing the online enrolment form you are authorising PDA to use your information as per our child protection policy.